My Life, My Dream, My Destiny

Sunday, January 4, 2009

And the angels came and attended to him...

This is an interesting verse i picked up from my bible reading today:

Matthew 4:8-11
8 Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory; 9 and he said to Him, "All these things will I give You, if You fall down and worship me." 10 Then Jesus said to him, "Begone, Satan! For it is written, ' You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.'"
11 Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and {began} to minister to Him.

Some thoughts came into my mind when i read this. I read it once more, out loud this time and i felt a chill when I came to the part where the devil said, "All these things will I give You, if You fall down and worship me,"

Have i fallen to worship the devil in my quest for wanting certain results in my life? Well, Jesus did not and that is why "the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and {began} to minister to Him".

Evertime, the angels of God are waiting to come and attend to us if we had just choose to ask God for help, instead of "bow down" to the devil.

This serves as a good reminder for me to choose God and lean not on my own understanding.

Thank God for being here with me every moment.

No comments: